Go to the Middle East and North Africa programme's page
1. What are the goals of intervention?
2. The chemical weapons dilemma
3. The problem with evidence
4. The legality challenge
5. The military dynamic of western intervention
6. Impact on the trajectory of the Syria conflict
7. Impact on the region
8. A diplomatic alternative?
EU approach to Algeria neglects long-term domestic stability
Europe must change policy towards Russia to protect partnering countries
Turkey is sliding back on its democratisation path
Landmark in European integration needs reforms
Exploring potential areas of Russian leverage
With European economies failing to deliver higher standards of living, and growing public disillusionment with apparently self-serving politicians, Philippe Legrain discusses where