E' online la vacancy per l'edizione 2020 della Junior Pan-European Fellowship 2020 promossa da ECFR e Compagnia di San Paolo. Scadenza per l'invio delle candidature: 10 giugno 2020
Position: Pan-European Junior Fellows
Locations: London, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Turin
Deadline for application: 10 June 2020
ECFR (The European Council on Foreign Relations) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. It has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw. www.ecfr.eu
Compagnia di San Paolo is one of the largest independent foundations in Europe and one of the main private funders of research in the fields of EU affairs and international relations (http://www.compagniadisanpaolo.it/eng/The-Foundation).
In 2016 together ECFR and Compagnia di San Paolo Foundation have launched a pan-European junior fellowship programme. The goal of the fellowship programme is to enhance and develop the skillset of young professionals starting out in their careers in several key areas including policy-focused research; influencing and network-building; events management, strategic communications; EU policy-making in foreign security and defence policy. The fellowship programme contributes to foster synergies between ECFR and the Turin-based institutions working on international affairs with Compagnia di San Paolo’s support.
We are currently looking for 3-European fellows to join ECFR for a four months-period, from October 1st 2020 to January 31st 2021. The fellowship programme includes a period of up to 8 weeks in one of ECFR’s offices in London, Paris, Rome or Berlin, followed by an 8 week stay in Turin. The exact timeline and location of each fellowship may be subject to change based on the ongoing developments in the Covid19 outbreak and on European and national travel advisory currently in place.
Fellows will receive a stipend for the duration of the fellowship programme.
ECFR/Compagnia di San Paolo pan-European fellows will benefit from an on-the-job training from expert practitioners, and, where possible and relevant, the opportunity to travel to other ECFR offices. While working as part of the busy multi-national team, you will also be given the opportunity to work independently on a bespoke project. After the completion of the first two months in ECFR, you will spend the following two-month period in one of the Turin-based partners of Compagnia di San Paolo under the supervision of an ECFR senior staff member. The project will be conceived together with the host organisations and implemented in the course of the fellowship, under the framework of one of our programmes: Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Wider Europe, European Power.
- Undergraduate degree in international affairs, EU affairs, public policy or political sciences.
- Dynamic individuals with a background and strong interest in European foreign policy, who are interested in gaining professional experience in a pan-European think tank.
- Special attention will be given to individuals with demonstrable knowledge or work experience relating to ECFR priorities in 2020-2021 including, North Africa & Middle East, Turkey, Western Balkans, migration, geopolitics, cyber security and European security and defence.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced office environment.
- High level of proficiency in computer software packages MS Office
- Exceptional communication skills, a high standard of written and verbal English is essential, working knowledge of at least one other European language is an advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills and flexibility and ability to multi-task.
Closing date for applications: June 10 2020
Please send a one page covering letter (with ref: pan-European Fellowship 2020 in the subject line) and CV no longer than two pages to: [email protected]
Due to the Covid19 outbreak and developments, interviews with short-listed candidates will exceptionally take place virtually (via Microsoft Teams) in June 2020.
Due to the large volume of candidates applying for these positions, ECFR we will only be able to respond the applicants who have been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of the closing date, you have not been successful.
ECFR is an equal opportunities employer. Registered Company and Charity in England and Wales
Company Reg. Number 07154609 Charity Number 1143536