Reshuffling Russia’s leadership - old wines in new bottles?
It came as a surprise when Russia’s government resigned just hours after Putin’s announced his plans for a possible referendum of constitutional changes. Host Mark Leonard is joined by Kadri Liik and Gustav Gressel to elaborate on the recent political changes that have happened in the world’ largest country over the course of just the past weeks. What role will Putin play in the future in Russia and on the global stage? Is there a change to recent the relationship between the EU and Moscow? And was does this all mean to Belarus, Ukraine and the NordStream 2 project?
- "Will he stay or will he go? Putin’s role will change" by Kadri Liik
- "The last of the offended: Russia’s first post-Putin diplomats" by Kadri Liik
This podcast was recorded on 27 January 2020.
- "Brennender Enzian: Die Operationsplanung der NATO für Österreich und Norditalien 1951 bis 1960" by Dieter Krüger
- "Admissions" by Henry Marsh
- "When Breath Becomes Air" by Paul Kalanithi
- "Traditions and Trends in Global Environmental Politics; International Relations and the Earth" ed. by Olaf Corry & Hayley Stevenson
Putin and Mishutin (c) government.ru - ©