Programme Coordinator – European Power
The Programme Coordinator provides crosscutting coordination to the activities of one of ECFR’s research programmes. Focussing on European Power, you support the development of ECFR’s policy-driven activities, and through involvement in the content side will be able to help shape the advocacy and communications functions and engage policy fellows, national offices and relevant external contacts. Within the agreed strategy for European Power, the Programme Coordinator ensures practical integration between the elements of planning and implementing research, advocacy, communications, fundraising, budget control and general administration within the programme, and maintains efficient liaison with all relevant parts of ECFR. Although the primary allocation is to one programme, the Programme Coordinator may be asked to assist with regard to other programmes, projects and initiatives.
- Reporting to: European Power Programme Director
- Closing date: December 19, 2019
- Location: Berlin or Paris
- Under the guidance of the Programme Director, coordinate and contribute to the formulation of the programme’s strategy and work plan, and help ensure its effective implementation within the allocated budget and across
- In cooperation with Policy Fellows, plan and coordinate research, and contribute to the research as agreed by Policy Fellow(s) or the Programme Director
- Coordinate, organise, and/or support as necessary relevant events such as consultations, workshops or seminars, as well as media work, mailings, travel, etc
- Help coordinate fundraising for the program, and work with the Strategic Partnership team on the production of relevant materials and approaches to prospective donors
- Support the European Power budget holder in setting, managing and reporting against expenditure of the annual programme budget
- Coordinate the formulation of advocacy, outreach and communications strategies as an integral part of relevant projects, and ensure effective inclusion of national offices throughout the projects
- Look after the relevant parts of the website, make proposals for innovation and prepare texts and articles as required
- Represent the programme and promote the research on social media
- In cooperation with policy fellows, identify and liaise with relevant external contacts and Council members, strengthen and expand the programme’s policy and advocacy network and ensure the development of the contact database
- Represent ECFR externally as required
- Contribute to policy development and follow relevant discussions within and debates outside ECFR
- Other general responsibilities may be reasonably requested over time in the context of overall ECFR priorities
- Two to three years’ programme or project management experience, preferably in a fast-paced international environment requiring extensive coordination with others
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and sustain new projects and partnerships in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Demonstrable knowledge or research experience in the programme’s focus area and EU foreign affairs
- Proven ability to maintain and develop a network of contacts in the policymaking community
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial management processes
- Degree in international affairs, EU affairs, public policy, or political sciences, or equivalent
- Exceptional communication skills, a high standard of written and verbal English and German/French (depending on the location) is essential, working knowledge of at least one other European language is an advantage
- Highly IT proficient including MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent organisational skills, logical and a good eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task, work towards deadlines and manage challenging situations
- Energy and enthusiasm to succeed in the role
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team and to develop effective relationships
What we offer
- Exciting environment in an innovative, pan-European think tank
- An open and appreciative culture within the organisation
- High personal responsibility in the European Power Programme
- Highly motivated, committed colleagues from across Europe
Please submit your CV and cover letter (with ref: PCEP2020 in the subject line) via the apply link. Please restrict your CV to no more than two pages of A4. Candidates must have permission to work in the EU.
Interviews will be held in early January 2020. The position will preferably start in February 2020 and be located in Berlin or Paris. Please indicate your preference of location in your cover letter.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ECFR (The European Council on Foreign Relations) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. It has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw.
ECFR strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Company and Charity in England and Wales. Company Reg. Number 07154609 Charity Number 1143536.