- Devise ideas and concepts for state-of-the-art audio-visual projects in close coordination with the Head of Communications
- Produce attractive and high-quality audio-visual material optimised for ECFR’s digital platforms (including recording, cutting, editing, and branding)
- Produce ECFR’s weekly “The World in 30 Minutes” podcast (including recording and editing)
- Develop a publishing strategy for our audio-visual material across all relevant ECFR digital channels (website, newsletter, and social networks)
- Manage the ECFR National Office newsletter, and the National Office’s web page and social media accounts, in close coordination with the Head of Office and the Head of Communications
- Help frame policy debates in line with ECFR’s research and overall mission, by pitching the organisation’s policy analysis and recommendations to media outlets and digital platforms
- Support the Head of Office and ECFR policy fellows in their media work and external communication activities (such as requests from journalists)
- Support ECFR’s overall communication strategies, as appropriate
- Support staff members and National Offices in using the content management system and guides
Education, training and experience:
- Qualifications or training in audio-visual communication, journalism, or a related area
- At least two years’ experience of audio-visual production (recording and editing)
- Knowledge of the latest trends in audio-visual production, particularly those for social media
- Experience in drafting various types of texts (such as press releases, editorials, and teasers) diligently and under time pressure
- Good knowledge of the national media landscape
- Proficiency in professional video editing software (Adobe Premiere, or similar) and audio editing software (Adobe Audition, Audacity, or similar)
- Very good knowledge of other editing tools for products such as GIFs, subtitles, and animations
- Very good knowledge of audio-visual content for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Good knowledge of photo editing or graphic design tools is an asset
- Fluent French (with excellent editing and proof-reading skills) and fluent (written and spoken) English are required
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
- Experience in writing, storytelling, and journalism
- A high level of flexibility, innovation, and creativity
- An ability to work effectively, under pressure, and constructively in teams
- Results-orientation and strong motivation
- Knowledge of foreign affairs
- Experience of working in an international environment is an asset
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging role, we look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV (with reference “COMMUNICATIONS20” in the application subject line) via the Apply Link.
This position will start as soon as possible.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ECFR (The European Council on Foreign Relations) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. It has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw.
ECFR strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Company and Charity in England and Wales. Company Reg. Number 07154609 Charity Number 1143536.