- Develop design and graphic concepts for ECFR’s research projects, social media and materials (including publications, infographics, images and campaigns)
- Translate our brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Produce a publishing strategy for our graphic material across our digital channels (website, newsletter, and social networks)
- Help produce attractive and high-quality audio-visual material (i.e podcasts and videos) optimised for ECFR’s digital platforms (including recording, cutting, editing, and branding)
- Help manage National Office’s web page and social media accounts, in close coordination with the Head of Office and the Head of Communications
- Support the Heads of Office and ECFR policy fellows in their media work and external communication activities (such as requests from journalists)
- Support ECFR’s overall communication strategies, as appropriate
Education, training and experience:
- Qualification or training in graphic design or a related subject/area
- At least two years’ experience in graphic design
- Some experience of audio-visual production (recording and editing)
- Knowledge of the latest trends in graphic design, particularly those for social media
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD
- Knowledge of Tableau data-visualisation software is strongly desired
- Good knowledge of professional video editing software (Adobe Premiere, or similar) and audio editing software (Adobe Audition, Audacity, or similar)
- Fluent (written and spoken) English is required
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
- A high level of flexibility, innovation, and creativity
- An ability to work effectively, under pressure, and constructively in teams
- Results-orientation and strong motivation
- Knowledge of foreign affairs is an asset
- Good knowledge of German and/or French is an asset
- Experience of working in an international environment is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting environment in an innovative, pan-European think tank
- An open and appreciative culture within the organisation
- Significant personal responsibility within the Communications Team
- Highly motivated, committed colleagues from across Europe
- A modern workplace in the heart of Berlin or London
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging role, we look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV (with reference “COMMUNICATIONS20” in the application subject line) via the Apply Link.
This position is based in Berlin or London, full time and will start as soon as possible. Please share your salary expectations in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ECFR (The European Council on Foreign Relations) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to conduct research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective and values-based European foreign policy. It has offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Sofia and Warsaw.
ECFR strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Company and Charity in England and Wales. Company Reg. Number 07154609 Charity Number 1143536.