Europe, what’s next? Strategic challenges
- Christine Bosse, Chairman of PLANBørnefonden and The Danish European Movement; Chairman of Bank Nordic, Tele Post Greenland and Nunaoil; Board Member of Allianz and Assistansbolaget
- Julia De Clerck-Sachsse, Adviser, Strategic Planning, European External Action Service
- Anna Diamantopolou, President, DIKTIO - Network for Reform in Greece and Europe; European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities in 1999-2004
- Ana Palacio, Member of the Spanish Council of State; former Minister of Foreign Affairs; former Vice President and General Counsel of the World Bank Group
- Konrad Szymański, Secretary of State for European Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Relations of Poland
- Piotr Buras, Head of ECFR Warsaw Office
ECFR Warsaw Office and Grupa PTWP S.A. kindly invite you to a public debate
Europe, what next?
14 May, 9:30-11:00 at the International Congress Centre in Katowice, Conference Room 6
The debate is organised within the framework of the XI European Economic Congress.
- Reasons and manifestations of a crisis of liberal democracy in Europe
- Pro-European “awakening”. Is there an alternative to anti-European populism?
- New political movements in Europe. Choices by Europeans; their vulnerability to populism
- Single- or two-speed EU? A community of values or an “association to protect the common market”?
- Attractiveness of the EU’s development model (democracy, security, joint management, weakening of the power of supranational companies)
- Dilemmas of expansion and closing. What Eastern policy should the EU pursue?
- Impact of migration on the future of the Community
We kindly invite you to register.
Go back to the Events page